Sunday, February 3, 2008

Benefit Makeup

I'm hooked! My mother and I embarked on a little shopping trip last week and we couldn't resist stopping by Sephora. We were planning on just doing a little browsing, but if you know Sephora like I do, you know it's almost impossible to not walk out of there with a little black and white bag stuffed with red tissue and products!

I'm a hardcore Chanel makeup fan, and I just wanted some Dior gloss and maybe a new eyeshadow. Well, the girls from Benefit plunked me down in a chair and gave me an incredible makeover, and I have to say, I'm completely hooked! I looked so light and natural when they were done-- and they made over my mom, too-- that we spent $500 that afternoon on a mad Sephora/Benefit spree. While $500 sounds like a lot, my mom and I got at least ten products apiece, everything we needed to achieve the look the girls had given us, and we had a blast! What's better than a makeover day with mom, anyway? Among my favorites:

ThatGal Brightening Face Primer. The only primer I've ever used is Chanel Le Blanc, and I like ThatGal so much better. I just click up the stick and dab the pink liquid under my eyes, over my cheekbones and jawline, and over my forehead. Then I rub it in. It gives me great, healthy-looking, smooth skin, and its' light, clean fragrance is really refreshing. It's the first time I've ever used makeup and felt refreshed!

Some Kinda Gorgeous, the Foundation Faker. This product is incredible! It blended evenly and flawlessly with my skin, and while it's not full coverage, it hid my splotches and small blemishes very well. Some Kinda Gorgeous gave me a fresh, natural-looking glow; it didn't even look like I was wearing makeup! All you see is flawless skin. And even my significant other, who referred to my Chanel foundation as "paint" and wouldn't touch my face if I was wearing it, can't help but touch my face when I wear Some Kinda Gorgeous. My skin is silky smooth and airbrushed flawless.

I also love their Creaseless Eyeshadow, Brow Zings mini eyebrow grooming kit (mini brushes and tweezers and brow color in a tiny compact-- perfect!) and their HighBrow brow defining pencil, which makes me look awake and energetic even if I've been up late the night before. I also love their BadGal mascara-- unlike DiorShow, it doesn't end up on my cheeks halfway through the day!

Benefit is just fun! The packaging is cool and creative, the products aren't expensive at all for what you get, and the results are incredible. I highly recommend it! This has been the Redneck Fashionista, coming to you from the muddy streets of the hick town.

No comments: