Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chanel Blue Satin and Chanel Azur Nail Polish / Lacquer - "It" Colors for Spring?

The Redneck Fashionista generally doesn't do dark nail polish. I wasn't big on the Chanel Black Satin craze of last year-- if you'll remember, it flew off the shelves, and was seen on every runway model and every young starlet last year. Well, Chanel has done it again-- this year's new "It" polish? Blue Satin, a deep Navy blue with a subtle shimmer in different lights.

Luckily, I live in a small town, and was able to stop by the Chanel counter at Dillard's and pick up a bottle of the Blue Satin; they had two bottles left. Apparently, the color is sold out everywhere except EBay, where resellers are getting a premium. It's already $19 a bottle, but on Ebay, some people are paying upwards of $65. For nailpolish. Ridiculous, even to the Redneck Fashionista.

Since I've never worn dark blue nail polish, this is a completely new experience for me. I applied one coat and got the shimmery deep blue, but with two coats, it looks more flat, still glossy but almost black. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to get the "gothic" comments tomorrow at work. We'll see!

I also picked up a bottle of Chanel Azur-- which is a very translucent, light shimmery blue. It's absolutely beautiful, and layered over the Blue Satin, it gives the color added depth and shimmer. It's also lovely on bare nails. Check these colors out-- if you can find them-- at chanel.com, and also at most major department stores.

No comments: